Elena Montagna is ricercatore at the University of Pavia where she teaches at the Faculty of Economics. A member of the Department of Modern Languages and Literature (Dip. LLSM), she carries out her research activity in the following areas:
• Multimodality in the political, social and cultural arena;
• The language of women: a sociolinguistic and cultural approach;
• English as a global language;
• Use of English in intercultural communication, with specific reference to the business world;
• English for Specific Purposes with special reference to economics, jurisprudence and politics.
About Elena Montagna
• Organisational activities: she is a member of the A.I.A. (Associazione Italiana di Anglistica) and ESSE (European Society for the Study of English) and a keen organiser of conferences, seminars, workshops;
• She has published mainly in the field of women’s studies;
• Her other publications include a series of school textbooks;
• Formally attached to the Faculty of Economics she also has considerable experience of teaching in other contexts.