Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Azi
+39 0382 98 6467
Le informazioni cont
I update regularly the information reported here…therefore, I do not answer to mail asking info and explanations that could be find here.
Martedi, ore 11,00 - 12,30
Tuesday – 11,00-12,30 AM
Students evaluation of my teaching could be find at this link:
To find my courses click on Scienze Economiche e Aziendali, then look for “Economia e gestione delle imprese (Fundamentals of management)” and for “International Business and economics”
Full Professor in International Business, Faculty of Economics, University of
(2016). President Parco Tecnico Scientifico (2015) (Pavia Science Park) Pavia
Former director of the Master Course (Laurea magistrale) in Economics and International Business MIBE
Visiting Professor, D’Amore-McKim Business school, Northeastern University (2016), Facultat d’Economia, Departament de Direccio d’Empreses “Juan Josè Renau Piqueras”, Valencia Spain (2012), Visiting Reasearch Fellow (2008-2009) Dept. of Management, King's College, University of London, Visiting Professor IECS, Universitè Robert Schuman Strasbourg (2006 - 2010); Visiting Professor Universidad de Alcalà (2007), Visiting Scholar Dept. of Management, King's College, University of London, (2005); Visiting Scholar, Department of Economics, University of Reading (UK), (1996); Assistant Professor in Management and Business Economics, Università dell'Insubria, Varese (1994); Ph.D in Management and Business Economics Bocconi University Milan (1994); Graduated cum laude, University of Pavia, (1991)
International business corporate governance and internationalisation, export intensity, industrial districts
1. Best Empirical Paper Award – 10th Workshop on Family Firms Management Research – Bergamo 22nd-24th May 2014 – European Differences in the Extent of Family Firms Internationalization with J.F. Hennart and E. Forlani
2. Are Family Firms More Internationally Involved than Non-Family Firms? The Case of Italy (ID# 649, Session 3.4.5), J-F. Hennart, Singapore Management University and University of Pavia, A. Majocchi, University of Pavia, Paper nominated at the 2013 AIB Conference for the Aalto University School of Economics "That's Interesting!" Award.
3. Best Paper award 6th Aalborg International Business conference, Family management, Quality Focus, and European SME internationalization, with J.F. Hennart and E. Forlani.
1. (2017) Distance to customers, absorptive capacity and innovation in high-tech firms: the dark face of geographical proximity, Journal of Small Business Management, DOI: 10.1111/jsbm.12323
2. (2016) External Managers, Family Ownership and the Scope of SME Internationalization, Journal of World Business. Vol. 51, Issue 4, June, pp: 534-547
3. (2016) with V. Odorici and M. Presutti, Firm ownership and internationalization: is it the context that really matters? European J. International Management, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 202-219
4. (2014) Hagen B., Majocchi A., Luxottica:“Excellence in Eyewear Distribution”, in Ghauri P., Cateora P., International Marketing. 4th Edition, London: McGraw Hill, pp 553-558
5. (2014) Hagen B., Majocchi A., ”Fiat 500 “For FIAT to get big in the US, did it have to start small?”, in Ghauri P., Cateora P., International Marketing. 4th Edition, London: McGraw Hill, pp 510-517
6. (2013) (with A. D’Angelo and L. Dalla Valle), Internationalisation, cultural distance and country characteristics: A Bayesian analysis of SMEs financial performance, Journal of Business Economics and Management.
7. (2013) (with D’Angelo, A. Zucchella e T. Buck). Geographical pathways for SME internationalization: Insights from an Italian sample", International Marketing Review, Vol. 30 (2) pp. 80-105.
8. (2013) (with U. Mayhofer and J. Camps); Joint ventures or non equity-alliances? Evidence from Italian firms, Management Decision, Vol. 51 No. 2, pp. 380-395.
9. (2013) (with M. Presutti & C. Boari) Interorganizational geographical proximity and local start-ups' knowledge acquisition: a contingency approach, Entrepreneurship & Regional Development: An International Journal, Vol. 25 (5-6), pp: 446-467.
10. (2012) (with R. Strange), International Diversification: the Impact of Ownership Structure, the Market for Corporate Control, and Board Independence, Management International Review.; 52(6): 879-900.
11. (2011) (with M. Presutti e C. Boari); The Importance of Proximity for the Start-Ups' Knowledge Acquisition and Exploitation, Journal of Small Business Management, Volume 49, (3); pp. 361–389.
12. (2010) La crescita internazionale delle imprese italiane attraverso alleanze strategiche e joint venture: i risultati di un'analisi empirica, in Impresa progetto, n. 1.
13. (2010), Luxottica: Internationalisation and Expansion, Case 4.5 in: “International Marketing” III edition, by P.N. Ghauri and P. Cateora, M Graw Hill, London pp. 594-599.
(with Joaquín Camps) L
15. (2009) (with M. Pr
17. (2008), (with A. Zucchella)
(2006) (with U. Mayhof
(with U. Mayhof
22. (2005) L' integrazione economica dei Paesi dellEuropa centrale e orientale: il ruolo delle piccole e medie imprese, in: Gli allargamenti della CEE/UE 1961-2004, a cura di A. Landuyt e D. Pasquinucci, Il Mulino, Bologna, pp. 1017-1040.
23. (2003), (with M.E..
Maccarini, and A. Zucchella), Governance e strategia delle medie imprese. Le
medie imprese dell'Italia nord-occidentale a confron
(2003), (with Zucch
25. (2003), (with de Luca P.
and Pavione E.) Franchising
in Italy: Trends and Development, in Alon I. and Welsh D. H. B. (eds), International
Franchising in Industrialized Markets: Northern and Western Europe, CCH
Inc. Publishing, Washing
26. (2002), (con Dario Velo Imprese europee, Voce dell' Enciclopedia Treccani di Scienze sociali.
27. (2002), (con
28. (2001), (con Marenzi A e Gavana G.) Gli effetti della riforma fiscale sui bilanci delle imprese manifatturiere in Economia Pubblica, anno XXXI, n. 2, pag. 65 - 96.
29. (2000),La dimensione economica della governance
europea in: L'Europa verso l'Euro, atti del IV colloquio Ause,
Venezia (a cura di) A. Majocchi, Cacucci
30. (1998), L’internazionalizzazione delle imprese distrettuali in Romania; Atti del Convegno dellAssociazione italiana degli economisti di impresa Genova, 14 Novembre.
31. (1997), Economia e strategia dei processi
d'internazionalizzazione delle imprese, Giuffrè Edi
32. (1993) La creazione di una banca europea del
mediterraneo e il finanziamen
33. (1993), Il finanziamen
34. (1993), Il finanziamen
See also my Google Scholar Web Page
With Roger Strange, Jean François Hennart and Peter Buckley in Pavia - 11st November 2013