Williams, Alwyn Terrell Petre

Williams (1888-1968) was educated at Rossall and Jesus College, Oxford. He was elected to a fellowship at All Souls (1911), and ordained deacon in 1913 and priest in 1914. In 1916 Williams was appointed second master of Winchester in charge of teaching history, and in 1924 he became headmaster. He was dean of Christ Church from 1934 to 1939, when he was appointed Bishop of Durham. In 1952 he became Bishop of Winchester, and retired in 1961.

See list of letters .

Source: DNB .


Welcome page

top of page

Return to index of this section

Go to previous page

Go to next page