778. Harrod to J. M. Keynes , 13 June 1938 [a]
[Answered by 781 R]
Christ Church, Oxford #
13 June 1938
The Presidential Address should be ready in a week or so.  You suggested some time ago  that you would like to have it for the September number. About 12,000 words.
Then there is another piece I have on the stocks which I thought of for the December number.  This sounds rather greedy, but I dont think I have had anything in E.J. apart from reviews for quite a number of years.  The piece in question is concerned with the fundamental dynamic equation (law of growth) which I think is now formulated as neatly as may be together with some explanation about definitions of saving & investment etc.
I refer in the Address to the need for dynamic equations of this sort  and the article would therefore may a good follow-on. It would be much shorter than the address.
2. See letter 749 R.
3. The "Essay in Dynamic Theory" (Harrod 1939:7 ; the draft is reproduced here as essay 19 ).
4. Harrod's last piece in the Economic Journal was the review article on Pigou's Theory of Unemployment ( 1934:1 ); he also had a few notes ( 1934:5 , 1936:4 and 1937:16 ) and a number of reviews.
5. "Scope and Method of Economics" (Harrod 1938:15 ), pp. 402-5.
- a. ALS, two pages on one leaf, in JMK RES/1/2/123-24.
top of page
Return to index of this section
Go to previous page
Go to next page